Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hate changes everything!

One of the really great things about the ‘Hate Your Way To Happiness’ programme is its ability to open up your eyes to new forms and subjects of hatreds you had previously tolerated or ignored.
Focusing on your inner hatred allows you to explore more fully your feelings of outrage, disgust, irritation and anger towards a brave new world of stuff and people that you do not like. At ALL. Or very much.
For example, recently I was walking along the street when a man walking in the opposite direction brushed his shoulder against me. Bear in mind that this is not a busy street – there was sufficient space for him to have avoided contact with me completely, leaving us both ‘un-brushed’. But brush he did.
Before I had invented the unique and innovative HYWTH method, I would probably have accepted this as a mild irritant and continued to go about my day AS IF NOTHING HAD HAPPENED. But something had happened, hadn’t it? I had been NEEDLESSLY BRUSHED.
To my eternal credit, I stopped in my tracks. I turned. And I bellowed.

“What the fuck was that all about then, you fucker?” I yelled, with passion. And also vim.

My assailant failed to turn around, so I was forced to run behind him until I was able to tap him upon the shoulder. At this, he spun wildly, and eyes ablaze, screamed: “And what the fuck do you think you’re doing, you horrible snivelling cunt?”

I couldn’t help myself. I was convulsed with laughter. Ha ha ha, I laughed, and followed that with a number of ‘ho ho’s and a certain amount of hee hee heeing.

What was so funny to me, and thus causing my laughter, was that my so-called ‘assailant’ was actually my friend Steven. Steven had previously explored the limits of his own hatred in some intensive HYWTH sessions with me, and was therefore only behaving in a way which was natural to his newly ‘aware’ self. See? Very funny stuff.

After we’d stopped slapping our knees and squirting milk out of our noses [where does that milk come from? It’s ALWAYS there when you’re having a laugh!] we retired to a public house, where we supped on ales and told each other lies about our sporting prowess, earning potential and sexual history.

Eventually we had a minor disagreement over the actual source of the Ganges, and engaged in mild, inebriated fisticuffs. Our drunken efforts were met with bemusement by the landlord, who ordered us out of his establishment, which we later firebombed.

As I stand here basking in the warm glow of that burning inn, one hand on my keyboard and the other gently punching Steven in the arm, I think to myself: Could this have happened without the miracle of HYWTH?

Ultimately, the answer is yes. Yes, it could. Quite easily. But that’s not the point, is it? The point is, hate can bring people together. Even if one of them is a stupid shoulder-brushing fucker.

Cheers, Steve. This one goes out to you.

Hate on, brother.

Anthony

6 Comments:

At 17/10/06 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The actual source of The Ganges lies 19 km from Gangotri at Gaumukh.
Dr Tahir Mirza,
Croydon.

 
At 17/10/06 4:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should know. My mother's ashes are scattered there and I've pissed in it several times.
Dr Tahir Mirza (the same),
Croydon

 
At 19/10/06 1:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a box of water chestnuts in my office. If anybody has seen them please inform my secretary. I can't remember for the life of me where I put them.
Kofi A.Annan,
United Nations Secretary General,
New York.

 
At 20/10/06 4:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling, a touchy touchy feeling, that a twerp is impersonating me. I will not stand.
I am available for command decisions from 2pm until 2:14.
In the meantime, hate yourself as much as I hate you.

 
At 21/10/06 11:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In fact it is I that is the real Kofi Annan. Unfortunately, on the small Pacific island where I reside, people kept mistaking me for the UN secretary general and would harrass me constantly on the phone, asking me silly questions about Iraq, Iran and the Fiji Islands. I was forced to change my name, and chose to name myself after a Spanish fruit. This has allowed me to carry out my criminal activities undisturbed, and I am currently raping a small horse.
Kofi Ananas,
Yap,
the Federated States of Micronesia.

 
At 23/10/06 3:00 am, Blogger Don't I Know You? said...

the milk that gushes from one's nose while laughing hysterically is brain goo redirected to the sinus passages through a complex process involving chemical interactions brought about by intense emotions fueled with deep-seated fears--convictions--that one's parents have truly hated one from the moment of birth (such a disappointment you were...stubby nose, red, puffy face, squalling little wail of a shit you were).

That is where the milk comes from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home